Tuesday, April 13, 2010

March Summary

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Another murder mystery by JoAnn Power. I also started re-reading the Twilight series. I got another mystery book at the library, but returned it after just a few pages. Then I got a notice that the book had water damage, so I had to buy it. Nice.

What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?
We went out on a date to see The Bounty Hunter- it was OK. Good action, a little romance, one where you don't have to think too much. On Netflix we watched The Proposal, Reign of Fire, and Angels & Demons. And Australia- that was good. Through Redbox, we watched The Princess and the Frog, Ice Age 3 and New Moon.

What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
Date night- dinner and a movie. Cole and I really enjoyed Stake Conference this month. I loved the adult session- it was great. We also had several people over for dinner- three people/families in two weeks' time. Getting the house company ready three times was a chore. We also had a family dinner this month. Every other fast Sunday we have a potluck over at Cole's sister's house. It's a lot of fun- the adults get to sit and talk while the kids run around and play together. I was invited to a jewelry party (didn't buy anything) and a Bridal Shower.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
For Cade's birthday, Cole went shopping. I should have known better. Sometimes I think he's shopping for himself. He got Cade a toy rifle that has ejecting cases and makes sounds. He loves it though. Rylee and I went to a Bridal Shower for my nephew's fiance. It was a kitchen theme and we got her an apron and the Pioneer Woman's cookbook.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Nothing unusual that I can think of. Cole purchased a lifetime membership to the NRA. He'd been wanting to do that for a while and had planned on it as soon as he had a job.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Telena got her cast off!!! She went through 4 casts in 5 or 6 weeks. So she somehow slid the first one off. So the second one was on for a couple of weeks, then it was taken off at her appointment for x-rays. And they put a third on on for another couple of weeks- but it was a short cast that came up to her elbow. Hello, she took a bigger one off just a few weeks ago. What were they thinking? Yeah, she took that one off that day. So they put another big one on her- up to her armpit. The surgeon came back to the clinic after being in surgery all day to put it on. And then she was cleared a week later. And no more cast! So in total: 1 purple, 3 pink.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I got to sew! It feels like it's been forever since I got to sew. I wanted to fix the curtains in my room (see previous post) and then I made some cute library book bags for the kids. I still need to take pictures, but they turned out really cute. I used a pattern from Heather Bailey (here) and some fabric that I had lying around.


What were my disappointments this month?
Preschool isn't going as well as I would like. We do a co-op and decided to take it off for Spring Break, but before that and after that all we had were parties. One for St. Patty's Day and one for Easter. A little annoying because the main reason I was doing it was for Cade to have some structure and something to look forward to each week. He gets excited for it. I felt gypped by the parties.

Anything else noteworthy to include?
Scrapbook pages for Songbird Avenue March kit:
Telena's purple cast page above and this one:

1 comment:

Tim and Maria Jones said...

I love your 1986 page! I've never seen those pictures before. I look like such a chunk!