Finished all the previous books in the JA Konrath "Detective Jacqueline 'Jack' Daniels" series. Also read some Anita Stansfield- I was in the mood for a good clean love story- the Buchanan series, first two books.
What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?
Cole was out of town for a few days and I got hooked on watching episodes of Say Yes to the Dress on Netflix. So funny. And I can't believe that people spend that much money on a wedding dress. Crazy. We also watched The Core, Bella, In Her Shoes, About a Boy, One Fine Day, How to Deal, and Leap Day.
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
We celebrated the 4th here in our town- in our coordinating red, white and blue shirts- with a parade and fireworks/sparklers at home.
The kids with their bags of candy from the parade watching Daddy light fireworks with his propane blowtorch (yes, really).
We went as a family to the water park. Rylee got a free ticket from school for reading so many minutes, and then we bought tickets for the rest of us. It was so much fun!
I took the kids to the rodeo. All. By. Myself. I don't know what I was thinking. They got free tickets through the reading program at the library, but Cole had something already planned for that night, and I didn't want the tickets to go to waste. They loved it, but it was a lot of excited energy to contain, especially when the rodeo queens came out:
We went to my niece's wedding in Rexburg. It was a wonderful ceremony. The Temple President actually performed the sealing. It was amazing. Just before the wedding, we went to visit Cole's sister's grave that's just outside of Rexburg. And so during the sealing we could really feel her spirit and Cole's Mom's too. So neat. I just love going to the temple. This was the last of the weddings this summer.
The day after the wedding we hiked through Craters of the Moon National Monument. The kids loved climbing through some of the tunnels.
We got to go with the youth in our ward to This is the Place Heritage Park for a Pioneer Trek. It was so great! I will have to do a whole post about it soon.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
It was our anniversary (nine years) so I got roses of course, and we went out to dinner that weekend. The actual day of our anniversary, Cole and I had to go to a mutual activity that was part of the Trek preparation, and my sister-in-law came over to watch the kids. This is what we came home to:
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
None that I can think of. We are trying to keep up with our budget. When Cole was out of work, we kept right on top of everything we spent, but now it's like we can't even find the time to balance the checkbook (something that's always been kept to the penny). It's very frustrating.
Oh I did think of something. I bought Cole some new clothes. He doesn't like shopping, and we had a coupon to JC Penney's, so I went (with all three kids!) and bought him four or so new shirts. The iron-free kind- LOVE those. And a belt for me :)
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
None. We've all been very healthy this summer.
What were my accomplishments this month?
I did a ton of creative home decor projects this month. See previous post of Telena's room. Here's another project:
I did a ton of creative home decor projects this month. See previous post of Telena's room. Here's another project:
The seashells are from our trip to Galveston Beach and the rocks are "crystal rocks" that my kids have been collecting. This arrangement is in the kids' bathroom. I made the containers from vases and votive candle holders.
What were my disappointments this month?
Just mainly the lack of budgeting communication. That's been frustrating. And it's not even like "I know we're not accounting for what we've spent, so I'll go out and buy a lot of stuff." Know what I mean?
Just mainly the lack of budgeting communication. That's been frustrating. And it's not even like "I know we're not accounting for what we've spent, so I'll go out and buy a lot of stuff." Know what I mean?
Anything else noteworthy to include?
Didn't get to scrapbook very much, and we're looking forward to school starting.




No comments:
Post a Comment