
So following my sister's nice tributes (see their blogs from the link on my sidebar), I just wanted to share about my Grandma's passing.
This photo was from the last time we saw her- last Thanksgiving. It was a really good visit- we just sat and talked for an hour or two. I could tell she was tired, but she was very patient with my kids.
Her funeral was on 9/11, nine years to the day of her original cancer diagnosis. I got goosebumps when my dad told me.
I'll be honest, I have had a hard time about not feeling really really sad about it. I just don't feel devastated. After Cole's mom died last year, and feeling how peaceful and spiritual and special death is, I feel like Grandma is happy now. She's not in pain anymore. And her influence doesn't stop either. When we need to feel her close, we can think of the special moments we shared or look at something she gave us. We can still feel her love for us. Maybe even more so since she died.
I've shed my share of tears. Like I told my boss, my kids have lost 4 grandparents in the last year and a half. It's been tough sometimes, but I have the gospel and some spiritual moments to hold onto. I'll miss her and having her place to get together for parties and things, but she's really in a better place. And she's with her angel grandkids.




No comments:
Post a Comment