Thursday, September 13, 2007

Father's Day

Not much to report about Father's Day, but Cole's birthday was the same day. And the rule is that he gets a desert of his request for each holiday, so to me it felt like I was in the kitchen all day! He got pineapple squares and banana cream pie- his favorites.

This summer I *let* Cole get a four-wheeler that didn't run- as a project to fix up. I intended it to be a project to keep him occupied whenever I had to do the week-long trips back to UT, but it took longer than expected. Anyway, he's been working and sweating on Saturdays and some nights and he fixed it!!! It runs really really well. We took it out for family rides this last Saturday and had a blast. I tell you I have 2 little thrill-seekers. The reaction from Cade whenever the 4-wheeler came into view was hilarious- he would bounce up and down and squeal. Rylee loves going fast and going over the bumps. It's fun to drive too. We all had fun. I love living out here in the country- we only had to drive like ten minutes away to be out in some small hills by ourselves. And we all came back covered in dirt and hungry. I'll post pictures of Cole working on it later, they're on my camera still. I didn't get pictures of us riding because I didn't want my camera out in the dust and dirt, but maybe next time.

2 comments:

Megan said...

How fun!

NW Varneys said...

Oh, sounds like lots of fun! I would love to see pics of all of you covered in dirt. :)

Good job with the regular blogging, too ! :)