
The kids loved their stockings! We all forgot to bring our regular stockings, so we had to do things the old fashioned way- with a real sock! We labeled the socks on Christmas Eve and left them out for Santa to fill. Rylee and Cade loved the Candy.

They each got an activity set- Disney Pixar for Cade and Disney Princess for Rylee, and a box of cereal that was just for them. They didn't have to share this special box of cereal. And they didn't, at least the first day. After that they let others have some, but they sure enjoyed having it just for them.

Rylee loved being in the middle of all the action. She was the present giver and she loved it. Also in the picture is Adam and Maria.

Here is Dad looking at our gift. I made the same present for all the Grandparents- a mini book of our family's yearly summary. It was quick and easy and fun to make. I made Rylee her own copy too because she loved looking at it so much.

This is what kept Telena entertained all morning. Presents, what presents? Who needs 'em when you have this super tasty flashlight!

Cade's favorite toy. He didn't open any other presents after this one. We bought Cade and Rylee pop guns from Cabela's. We debated one vs two guns, but it's great to see them play with them together. Laura mentioned something about the noise of the guns, but they really don't bother us at all. It's sooo much better to hear this sound than the kids fighting or screaming, trust me ;)

So, around Thanksgiving time, I went through all of the kids toys that they had out (during a cleaning time when they had them all out of their baskets) and I could not bring myself to buy any new toys for Christmas. This might sound bad, but I just couldn't. Not when they had plenty that they played with and spread out all over the floor every day. So we got the kids some camping stuff! They each have their own sleeping bags and camp chairs and flashlights. They loved it and they sure didn't feel gypped at all. In fact, the day after we got home from Utah, we took the decorations down and they thought the Christmas tree looked like the forest, so they set up camp in the front room with Rylee's princess tent and their sleeping bags and chairs all set out. They had a grand old time- for days they played camping. Rylee even snuck out of bed one night and slept in her sleeping bag!

Telena's Christmas dress. This was a present from my Mom and she looks soooo adorable. Ever since we got back from the trip, I've been wanting to take her to get pictures in this dress. Especially before her birthday and before she starts walking. I feel like she's just minutes away from taking her first steps and I want to freeze this time right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment